Senior Security Engineer
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to join an insurance business based in South East London. You will be part of a team that is growing across many areas and as a Security Engineer you will be expected to be heavily involved in transformation.
As a Senior Security Engineer you will be expected to:
- Manage all aspects of the security team including staffing levels and development of Engineers / Analysts
- Provide leadership on responses to incidents and threats
- Own the stability of all the security tooling and vulnerability management
- Provide reporting on the effectiveness of the security operations team and highlighting areas for remediation
- Deliver robust firewall access protocols that can react to the changing needs of the business
Skills for the Security Engineer:
- Experienced Senior Engineer within a SOC / Cyber Incidents team
- Strong knowledge around Network Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, File Integrity Monitoring, SIEM etc.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, SEC501 etc. qualified
- SME in a particular area of security engineering (networks, firewall, vulnerability, SIEM etc.)
- Strong experience with programming / scripting for network and server admin
I am looking for a Senior Security Engineer who is looking to work in a fast-paced IT department that is taking ownership of its SOC from 3rd parties and advise on what the best solutions is for the estate. The company is re-platforming a massive proportion of the business and implementing brand new applications in the cloud so there is a need to completely refresh their Security Engineering.
Experience with cloud technology is a distinct advantage but not a requirement, this role is for someone looking to move down the leadership path or be a true subject matter expert in an area.
If you would like more information on the role, then please contact Alec Dewell on or