NPD Project manager (Lighting Solutions)
NPD Project Manager (Lighting Solutions)
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join a world leader in the development and manufacture of architectural lighting solutions, lighting controls and Luminaries. This company offers excellent career progression opportunities for the right candidate.
The NPD Project Manager will be responsible for organising and driving forward luminaire and controls NPI activities, both in-house developed and sourced from third parties
In depth technical skills/experience in not required for this role. The company is after a candidate (ideally with initial PM qualifications) and a minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience with a technical slant - i.e. a PM who can work within a technical NPD subject area, but who isn't going to concentrate on the technical aspects himself or herself. You will be responsible for managing the project, motivating, communicating and organising. Your task is to keep the NPD projects on-time, on-specification and on-budget (or better).
This position could also suit someone earlier in their career, who would like to go through the formal PM training and qualification route
Project Manager's duties:
- Project manage the New Product Development (NPD) process in order to achieve high quality standard and bespoke solutions from conceptual stage through to manufacture and supply.
- Be responsible for scheduling, cost control and specification adherence for standard and bespoke products, both manufactured and sourced.
- Responsible for delivering projects on-time, on-specification and on-budget.
- Communicate effectively with all parts of the business, including senior management, to establish requirements, report status and expedite progress.
- Liaise with Product Management/End User Sales to ensure that the company fully and correctly develop and interpret the Product Brief and Business Case/customer requirements.
Experience/Skills required for the Project Manager role:
Ideally you should have:
- Minimum of 2 years' project management experience
- Ideally HND/Degree in Engineering or Science based subject or equivalent technical competence/experience
- Project management qualification (APM, PRINCE2, PMP) would be an advantage
- Experience within the lighting industry would be a distinct advantage
- Willingness to travel as required and out of hours working to attend R&D centres, suppliers and sites
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- Communication, presentations & report writing in an accessible manner
- Understanding of engineering principles and codes
To learn more about this position or about any other Project Manager/Project Leader positions within Kadtech, please forward your CV to MaxKadim at ***************** or call Max on **** *** ****