Project Manager - Senior Project Manager
Project Manager - Senior Project Manager - Client Side
to 65k + fab bens DOE
Residential and regeneration projects
Our valued client are a major building and engineering consultancy, recognised globally
They are a top 10 professional services consultancy and works across a wide range of market sectors, helping its clients make the most from the money they spend on their built assets.
They are currently seeking Project Managers/Senior Project Managers to be an integral part of the Residential and regeneration Team with an output focused approach delivering excellent results for our clients.
This is a fast moving growth sector for us and candidates can expect to work with leading industry clients.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties:
* Lead day to day delivery of projects
* Development of Client Briefs and Project Execution Plans to deliver outputs
* Manage design teams in the development of design solutions to planning application and approval.
* Administration of large, complex building contracts, proactively managing and confirming the compliance of contractors/consultants to the contract terms and conditions.
* Assist with the compilation of tender documents, and critically reviewing tender returns, contract negotiations, award of contracts and client reporting.
* Initiation and development of project documentation, programmes, master budget etc.
* Select and maintain a robust document management system so that the project team uses it to document project execution
* Design and produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects
* Comply with governance
* Deliver projects within the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality
* Manage reporting on the contractors progress against the contract programme
* Direct consultant teams to ensure that the contractor's design is done in compliance with the contract
* Direct consultant teams to ensure that the built product is compliant with the contract.
* Utilise Sector specific market.
Role Requirements (Skills & Behaviours)
* Demonstrable track record of delivering residential and/or regeneration projects
* Professional qualification of appropriate level
* Ability to interface with clients, demonstrable track record of doing so
* Ability to lead/work in multidisciplinary teams
* Ability to articulate current issues specific to the residential market
* Significant experience of project management for large, complex schemes (over £50m)
* High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.)
* Strong people management and leadership skills
* Experience of producing executive reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables
* Experience of sustaining client relationships as a trusted advisor
* Pro-active approach - able to identify areas of need and to manage outputs
* Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
* A flexible attitude - able to respond to the needs of the business
* Experience to include interpretation of contracts, design and implementation of change management, resolution of contractual disputes, design and implementation of project controls, contract correspondence and financial close out of contracts.
* Highly skilled in contract negotiation.
* Strong knowledge and use of document management systems to aid efficient service delivery.
* Experience of programme analysis, interrogation, interpretation and client reporting.
This client is looking for Project Managers of ALL levels, for Education, Healthcare, Utilities, Rail and many other exciting projects. Please call Alan Littlewood for a confidential chat.