Health, Safety & Environmental Co-ordinator
3 days left
- Part Time
Health, Safety & Environmental Co-ordinator (Manufacturing)
Reporting to: Group Quality Manager
This is a permanent, part-time role, 20 hours per week (hours to suit both parties) with an annual base salary of £15,600 per year (£15 per hour), with pro-rata benefits
The Health, Safety & Environmental Co-ordinator is responsible for providing guidance and advice to management and staff and delivering practical improvement in Health and Safety procedures & Environmental related issues at the company’s new manufacturing facility.
The overall objectives of the role includes the prevention of injury and ill health of employees, contractors and visitors, prevention of pollution of the environment, sustainable legal compliance and conformance to international standards.
- Under the guidance of the Group Quality Assurance Manager, review, update and where necessary create and implement new and revised HSE Programmes, Policies and Procedures. Ensure these are fully compliant with relevant legislation, codes of practice and company strategic direction and that they are effectively communicated to all staff.
- Provide advice and guidance as and when required on HSE matters to The Board of Directors and all other staff within the Company.
- Manage the Company risk assessment process ensuring tasks, areas, substances, fire and manual handling assessments are suitably covered, records are maintained and assessments are regularly reviewed for effectiveness.
- Liaise with external bodies including the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Environment Agency and the BSI when required.
- Ensure all HSE related records are maintained.
- Maintain the HSE Legal Register, evaluating legislation relevant to the business activities of the company and implement business systems that ensure continued and effective legal compliance.
- Ensure timely communication of applicable changes to legislation to The Board.
- Provide regular reports on HSE performance.
- Ensure all HSE accidents, incidents, near misses and observations are accurately recorded, root cause(s) are identified and appropriate and effective corrective actions as agreed by The Board are implemented and designed to prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintain the Environmental Aspects & Impacts register & implement required management systems of control.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure best HSE practice in all areas.
- Ensure external contractor HSE arrangements are correctly risk assessed and controlled via suitable risk assessments, method statements and control of work, including the use of permit to work systems for high risk activities.
- Ensure that all the training needs of the whole company are met with respect to HSE, including H&S induction, formal staff training sessions and toolbox talks.
- Design and deliver specific training in key areas of HSE including, emergency preparedness, risk assessment, display screen use, handling and storage of chemicals & manual handling.
- Organise external training requirements as necessary eg. Forklift truck, fire safety and first aid training.
- Ensure emergency preparedness systems are regularly practiced, recorded and improved for both safety and environmental incidents.
- Carry out internal audits and safety inspections to monitor continued compliance and continual improvement.
- Facilitate regular HSE committee meetings as part of the employee consultation process.
- Minimum of NEBOSH General Certificate and IOSH Membership.
- Experienced auditor within HSE disciplines
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of maintaining and implementing H&S policies and procedures including risk assessments, DSE, COSHH, Manual Handling and Noise in the Workplace.
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation and some experience of developing H&S monitoring systems would be useful.
- Knowledge of OHSAS18001 & ISO14001desirable
- Certificate in environmental management - desirable
- Experience of delivering HSE training an advantage
- Experience of working in a manufacturing or engineering environment highly desirable.
- An enthusiastic individual, with a proactive but pragmatic approach to HSE. Well organized and methodical with a 'can do’ attitude.
- Good communication and IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Risk management
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
Package: This is a permanent, part-time staff role, 20 hours per week (hours to suit both parties) and attracts an annual base salary of £15,600 per year (£15 per hour), with pro-rata benefits as follows:
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.