Buyer Role Grimsby Upto £25,000 per annum Full Time, Permanent position
Your new role
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager your role will be to develop and execute the material ordering and delivery strategy for specific supply chains. To ensure all material requirements are communicated effectively and are in line with manufacturing needs - to develop and drive Best Total Cost to assist in achieving KPI's.
Key responsibilities include category management, delivery of material against agreed supplier schedules. Creation of professional working relationships with the supply chain and internal stakeholders. Working closely with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to develop cost saving strategies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous Purchasing / Buying / Procurement experience is essential
- Experience to working to tight deadlines
- Excellent ICT skills; MS Office, MRP, ERP
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Supplier management experience
- Experienced with lean techniques with the ability to drive process improvement
- Ability to build strong internal cross functional relationships and develop strategic external partnerships
What you'll get in return
- £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (DOE)
- Permanent, Full Time Position
- Working Monday to Friday, 39 hours per week
- Excellent career development and training
- Free, Onsite Parking
- Full company benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.