- Full Time
Market leading organisation with a construction focus is seeking an Assistant Accountant for their offices in London.
The successful candidate will be managing the day to day activities for Accounts Payable, Cash and Treasury. The role will also require you to assist in the month end close process and review current processes and improve efficiency where necessary.
The Assistant Accountant will preferably hold an AAT/Bookkeeping qualification.
- Manage Accounts Payable - invoices are coded, reviewed, posted and authorised for payment
- Payments administration
- Cash flow forecast
- Monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Ensure compliance to all policies and procedures
- Employee expenses management
- Bank and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- UK & French VAT returns - assisting
- Ad hoc finance related projects
- Demonstrable experience of managing a busy/fast paced Accounts Payable function
- Small business experience
- Clear, concise and confident communication skills
- Foreign currency experience
- Ms Office including MS Excel and Sage 200 preferred
- Experience of general ledger posting, accruals and prepayments would be HIGHLY desirable
- Experience of UK and EC VAT rules
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.