Department: Market Access & Pricing
Salary: £10 per hour - £350 per week
Term: 12 months - Monday 16th October 2017 -12th October 2018
Hours: Full-time 35 hours
Location: Middlesex, Feltham (Piccadilly line- West London)
Deadline: Monday 14th August 2017, 10am
Merck are continuing their internship programme offering 6 exciting opportunities within their organisation, this particular internship will be a role based in their Pricing department.
Merck is looking for young and ambitious graduates who are hungry to succeed. This is a role that grows with the candidate, the more you're willing to give in terms of high quality work the more you're going to get in return; increasingly high profile projects and responsibilities.
At Merck we want to support your growth both personally and professionally, giving you access to training, expertise and the experience required to succeed in today's corporate Healthcare landscape.
· As pricing associate for the pharmaceutical division of Merck you will work closely with the Head of Pricing (UK & Ireland) to proactively develop and implement pricing strategies and policies for our current and future brands in order to optimise revenue and profits for the company.
· You will be responsible for acquiring detailed information regarding competitor pricing landscape.
· You will identify new opportunities to improve profitability and support the development of strategies to take advantage of any opportunities and defend against potential risks.
· You will respond to global requests for local pricing information, provide support in the management of prices and pricing certificates.
· You will respond to pricing requests from local and global teams and utilize pricing tools provided by the company as needed.
· You will drive consistent pricing governance aligned with local and global processes.
Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life - from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
Founded in 1668, Merck is the world's oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company. The founding family remains the majority owner of the publicly listed corporate group. Merck, Darmstadt, Germany holds the global rights to the Merck name and brand. The only exceptions are the United States and Canada, where the company operates as EMD Serono, MilliporeSigma and EMD Performance Materials.
Benefits of working for Merck
· A fantastic opportunity to learn and develop your skills
· Support your growth both personally and professionally
· Merck will give you access to training, expertise and the experience required to succeed in today's corporate Healthcare landscape.
· The potential to travel across the UK and Europe
The Ideal Candidate
· A university degree in life sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, finance, economics or a related discipline
· Commercial acumen
· Strong numerical ability
· Advanced Excel skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Basic knowledge of the complex and changing UK healthcare environment: the NHS, PPRS agreement, CDF, NICE, SMC, AWMSG, ABPI
· High learning agility
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills, and ability to deliver results with minimal supervision
· You are fluent in English
· A strong desire to work in the pharmaceutical industry in a commercial or health economics role. We are looking for a self-starter and a quick learner who is flexible and wants to advance their skills
1. Applicants should apply with their most up to date CV only, no cover letter required at this stage.
2. All CVs will be filtered and screened by the University of London's Recruitment services Team week commencing 7th August 2017.
3. Once the Recruitment team at the University have filtered and screened all the applications; they will call all the suitable applicants over the phone. Unfortunately due to the high number of applications that we receive, we can only call the most suitable candidates.
4. All of the successful candidates will be notified of the application process by the 18th August 2017.
5. Candidates successful for the Interview stage will be notified by the end of August.
6. Interviews will take place Tuesday 5th September.
All applications for all of the Graduate vacancies at Merck will be managed by the University of London, Recruitment team. Therefore, if you have any problems with applying or questions regarding the placement, Merck ask that you contact the University of London Internships team directly. Any candidates that contact Merck directly may be missed in the application process.