Accounts Payable- Award Winning Company!
Do you love accounts and working for a company with excellent benefits and friendly colleagues? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic accounts department where you will have excellent career progression, working in a supportive friendly team with great colleagues.
One of the leaders in their field, the company have been established for over a century and are steadily growing and acquiring similar businesses. In total they employ around 300 staff but still manage to maintain a close-knit and nurturing company culture.
As the Accounts Payable Executive you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Processing 3 way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items
- Ensuring costs are being posted to the correct cost code
- Processing monthly cheque runs (twice per month) for supplier and inter-company payments
- Audits and processing credit card bills
- Matching invoices to cheques, obtain all signatures for cheques and distribute cheques accordingly
- Responding to all vendor inquiries and work with procurement team to resolve supplier issues
- Reconciling vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assisting in month-end/year-end closing and manage supplier payment accruals as well as providing supporting documentation for audits
- Maintaining files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
To succeed as the new Accounts Payable Executive you will have:
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Proficient knowledge in Excel, Word and Outlook, Sage experience a plus
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Solid knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills - to communicate effectively with customers, external contacts and staff in all areas of the business
- Realistic deadlines and schedule time efficiently, prioritising tasks and resources
- The ability to identify urgent decisions and is able to take responsibility when action is imperative
- A Flexible and adaptable to changing working requirements
- Comfortable working under pressure in a busy environment and able to multi-task
In return you will be paid a salary of £24k to £27k dependent on experience. As well as that you will be given excellent benefits such as the company’s 3% Pension Scheme, private healthcare and join the bike to work scheme! Your working hours will be Monday-Friday 08.30-17.30.
If you would like to discuss the role then please do not hesitate to get in contact! Email: liam @ Crowley cox .co .uk or give me a call! Our number can be found on the Crowley Cox website and ask for Liam Flanagan