4 days left
- Full Time
£21,000 to £23,500, depending on experience
37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
MEDICA are a vibrant and rapidly growing provider of clinical services, started in 2004 and currently employing around 90 people with over 260 professional service providers (Reporters). Output is increasing by around 30% each year and we are investing heavily in people and infrastructure.
MEDICA delivers safe, secure, UK-based teleradiology services to over 50% of the NHS. Through our NightHawk, DayHawk, and Routine services, we are the leading independent UK provider of radiology reporting, delivering in excess of 1.5 million reports a year.
A leading private Medical employer in the south east is seeking a front line IM&T technical support System Administrator to be the initial point of contact for the company working within the IM&T department.
The role will be varied and fast paced, however a focus will be on the ownership, management and escalation of support calls into the IM&T department, with the timey resolution and monitoring of core client, radiologist and internal issues a priority.
Onsite training will be given to ensure the job holder expands their knowledge to include the provision of IT systems, maintenance and monitoring.
Technical Experience Required
- At least 1 years' experience in a similar role or equivalent IT qualification
- Good diagnosis and troubleshooting skills.
- Good technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Good technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Good understanding of standard desktop concepts and imaging technologies.
- Basic understanding of MS Windows domain concepts.
- Be proficient with Microsoft office applications.
- Any additional Windows Domain and networking experience will be an advantage.
Technical Experience Desirable
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Windows MS Windows client in a networked environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- The ability to work well both individually and as part of a small team.
- Approachable, enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills.
- The ability to prioritise and remain calm in a busy demanding environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases and budgets.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen interest in IT and technology in general.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply in the first instance with your CV and covering letter.
No agencies please.