Group Finance Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
The Hood Group are looking for a Group Finance Manager who can combine the management of a small team of people with "hands on" involvement in the activities of the team and the wider business.
The Company are looking for a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) ideally with 2-3 years PQE.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the Finance Team comprising the Management Accountant, Accounts Assistant and Accounts Payable clerk. This includes responsibility for staff development and performance management.
- Oversee and participating in the preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts for all companies within the Hood Group.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of monthly analyses and commentaries to support the monthly management accounts and explain variances (to budget and forecast).
- Work with the FP&A in preparation and submission of budgeting and forecasting.
- Managing day to day interaction and reporting requirements with/for our banking partners.
- Liaise with the operational management, across the group, to ensure that they are appropriately involved in the preparation of management accounts.
- Engage with the operational management across the group to ensure that they understand their areas of financial responsibility. This includes regular monthly meetings to discuss actual versus budget/forecast performance.
- Prepare actual and forecast cash flow reports for all companies within the Hood Group.
- Work with the Finance Team, and auditors to prepare year end statutory accounts for each subsidiary company and Hood Group Limited
- Understand, and provide analysis and reporting on, the profitability of each company within the Hood Group.
- Other regular and adhoc financial responsibilities including involvement in: PAYE (P35/P11Ds/PSAs), RMAR returns, PSA returns, accounts systems development and change management and any other third party reporting.
Skills and Experience
- Experienced in producing management accounts, budgets and forecasts.
- Adhering to strict reporting deadlines.
- Excellent Excel and report writing skills.
- Hands on approach coupled with strong leadership skills, with experience in managing and developing a small Finance team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experienced in preparing group consolidations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with (finance and non-finance) people at all levels across the business.
- Change management experience, including systems development and re-engineering processes and procedures.
- Understanding the principles of group consolidations.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Solid technical accounting application experience.
- Disciplined, organised and methodical approach
- Good commercial awareness and the ability to work outside of the finance area.
- Insurance or financial services sector experience.
- Knowledge of Access accounting software.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above or equivalent to include Mathematics and English
The Hood Group is a privately owned business providing insurance solutions for over 30 years to some of the most well respected brands, insurance partners and financial intermediaries. Established in 1983, we came from modest beginnings in the City of London with a small team of passionate people who wanted to help change insurance for the better. We offer our partners an end-to-end service; from product and quote platform design through to sales and retentions. The Hood Group is now one of the largest employers in South East Essex with around 180 staff, award winning services and cutting edge technology.
We invest in the careers of all our staff, through training, qualifications and by providing a pro-active learning environment. We understand the importance of staff wellbeing and maintaining a good work/life balance and also provide opportunities such as flexible working and career breaks. There is a Group funded Sports and Social committee and we provide free local gym membership, seated acupressure massages, and fitness classes in our onsite Wellbeing studio. On completion of probation we also provide an excellent benefits package that includes life assurance, pension scheme, medical cover, permanent health insurance and much more.
Please send your application in as soon as possible as due to candidate interest the job may be closed early.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all candidates. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please assume that, on this occasion, your application has not been successful. As no relocation fees will be provided, we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to live and work in the UK.
However don't miss out on new opportunities, visit our website.