- Full Time
ProTalent are currently working with an extremely reputable firm of chartered accountants and professional business advisors, with offices in the West End, London and in Godalming, Surrey to recruit a Manager to join their Surrey office.
You’ll find their approach a little bit different. They know that nobody understands the affairs or business like their clients, so their focus is on getting to know their clients,, their objectives and their priorities.
As a firm, they build close, personal, long-term relationships with clients, to become a trusted adviser who they can always turn to for practical advice and solutions.
The role will involve managing and being responsible for a diverse portfolio of clients, ranging from ambitious start-ups to public companies including sectors such as property, automotive, schools, information technology and media.
The aim of the role is to provide an outstanding and professional service by attending to statutory compliance matters, as well as supporting clients through business planning and strategy to help them to achieve their objectives; whether to purchase a business, expand, enter new markets or formulate an effective exit strategy.
There is also the opportunity to have involvement in tendering and pitching for new business and growing your own portfolio of clients.
Applicants should be either ACA or ACCA qualified with recent and relevant experience as an effective Manager and / or Senior Manager. The successful candidate is likely to have a general practice background, with a broad based professional training experience and exposure to a good range of clients both in size and sector, as well as experience in billing and fee setting.
• Setting and delivering on budgets.
• Developing practical solutions or approaches to issues.
• Attending meetings with clients.
• Reviewing and preparing statutory UK GAAP and FRSSE and FRS102 accounts.
• Advising clients and bookkeepers in order to improve and complete bookkeeping records.
• IXBRL tagging Word/Excel and AP produced accounts.
• General knowledge of VAT.
• Training, development and monitoring of the trainee accountants, including appraisal and performance management.
• Working with the other managers both in Godalming and London to ensure staff utilisation is efficient and to strive to continuously improve the department.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join such a great firm in a senior position, long term progression opportunities are on offer, together with an outstanding salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please do so through this website or contact ProTalent directly to discuss further.
We will endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours.
Thank you for your interest.