5 days left
- Part Time
Chichester College have an opportunity for Administrative Assistant to join the team at our Chichester Campus however you will be required to work across our three sites. You will join us on full time, permanent basis and will receive a salary of £16,793 - £17,822 per annum.
From 1 August 2017, Central Sussex College will change its name to Crawley College. It will also merge with Chichester College as part of a group structure.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Administrative Assistant you will provide a comprehensive administrative service to the Head and Deputy Heads of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths), along with supporting the Curriculum Teams across a wide range of specialist areas.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant:
- Provide an efficient and effective administrative service for the STEM team, dealing with enquiries from staff, students and key stakeholders such as schools, employers, members of the public and voluntary agencies.
- Provide effective support services to staff and students within the area, maintaining excellent customer service at all times.
- Update and maintain diaries and calendars, databases, records and reports.
- Liaise with staff and external organisations, as appropriate.
- Prepare documentation and correspondence to support the core business and administration of the area and ensure that information is sent out in a timely manner.
- Provide effective administrative support for the successful implementation of curriculum and cross College initiatives, including online student record systems, student tracking, exam booking, BKSB, curriculum and budget planning and delivery of the College Skills strategy.
- Provide support when necessary to ensure that area and cross College events, such as Information Days, Parent Evenings and Promotional/Student Events run smoothly.
Skills & Experience required by the Administrative Assistant:
- Organised and flexible with strong interpersonal skills
- Previous administrative experience is essential, as is a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths are also essential
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 17 August 2017
Interview date: 8 September 2017
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Administrative Assistant role, please click ‘Apply’ today.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.