Head of Application Security
I have an opportunity for an experienced Head of Application Security to join a leading Insurer who are looking for a Head of Application Security to help in source their application security knowledge. There is a lot of funding committed to this area of the business and this role will be key to their growth plans.
You will be able to demonstrate strong leadership, influencing and application security risk knowledge from within a large enterprise scale business. This role will require you to grow and develop a team that is split across multiple locations.
Skills for Head of Application Security:
- Experience in development languages for web or cloud based technologies is important (Java, .NET, Android, IOS etc.)
- Strong exposure to application security and Secure Development Lifecycles and their application in an agile environment.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of information security governance processes and practices, including ISMS monitoring and control frameworks such as, ISO, ISF and COBIT, their relationships to other frameworks and their application within a financial services environment or other highly regulated industry.
- Good understanding of security architecture principles and processes.
- Good knowledge of IT Operations procedures and best practices.
- Knowledge of working in a Security Engineering / Security Operations environment
- Experience in managing de-centralized teams
- CISM, CRISC or CISSP certification
As the Head of Application Security, you will be involved in the penetration testing process and be facing off against internal & external partners in this area. In previous roles, you will have worked as part of an Information / Cyber Security team and be comfortable being the primary business partner for Application Security matter.
This is a great opportunity to join a business looking at changing the way they approach IT Security and would be good for anyone looking to own Application Security.
For more information or to apply please contact Alec Dewell on or