Senior Finance Assistant
I am currently working in partnership with a well-established business in South Wales who are looking for a senior Finance Assistant.
You will be keen to develop and preferably a studier but this not essential. My client is based in Cardiff and easily accessible on public transport.
Your key responsibilities are
1. Representation of Financial Accounts at monthly meetings with department heads.
2. Representation of the Finance Department on various panels for projects on Financial Accounts.
3. Ongoing assessment and improvement of financial accounting processes.
4. Assistance in maintaining and improving a strong financial control environment.
5. Provide concise explanations of actual spend to Finance managers and department heads
6. Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet control accounts.
7. Preparation and review of shop accruals and monthly cost analysis.
8. Preparation and review of administration budget centres.
9. Completion and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
10. Preparation and review of cost centre reconciliations and attendance of meetings with budget holders.
11. Assistance in balance sheet budgeting and forecasting.
12. Assistance in dealing with group requests and ad hoc queries.
13. Assistance in preparation of monthly management accounts.
14. Preparation of monthly management accounts and balance sheet packs.
15. Assistance with year end accounting processes including assistance in preparation of statutory accounts.
16. Liaison with external auditors.
17. Assistance with month end stock accounting processes.
18. Assistance in the reconciliation and reporting of branch stocktake results.
19. Ad hoc tasks as required.
Ideally you will have had exposure to balance sheet recs and accruals and prepayments but the rest they can train.
If you are AAT qualified then you will be considered
Strong Excel is required up to Pivot tables and V Look ups
Previous experience in a finance department
Good team player
Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
If you are interested then please email me your CV ASAP
Interviews will take place next week