About Cloud Direct:
We’re a bright, capable bunch focussed on helping ambitious companies move to the cloud easily and safely. We’re a Microsoft gold cloud solutions provider (CSP), driving high growth around Azure and Office 365. Fast moving and entrepreneurial, we’re recruiting ambitious people committed to excellence and personal growth along with the business.
Today, there are about 200 of us across Bath, Bracknell, London and Cape Town, with more exciting growth plans in the pipeline. We help our people dig deep to make the most out of their careers with Cloud Direct - we believe "more is in you…"
With great financial and lifestyle benefits, we also have a 'fun fund’ and regular sporty, foody and social occasions. We recognise that our people drive and inspire the business - two reasons why we’re Investors in People - Gold.
We are looking for a full time Developer to join our expanding team in Bath and gain ServiceNow skills - our current team of 5 developers are the hub of the company, shaping and driving the systems we use so are key to our overall success!
- Become the ServiceNow expert for the company.
- Be responsible for ServiceNow environment security - ensuring our instances are secure and protected including appropriate access controls, patching, and backups. This will include assessing other developer’s changes and code.
- Capture user requirements and produce appropriate design documentation (system architecture; user, functional, and design specifications; and data models).
- Champion creative and innovative design ideas to engage and inspire users.
- Provide guidance and support to more junior developer(s) in the team - understand and contribute to technical solutions from design through to code level.
- Produce excellent, robust, reusable (where possible) and well documented code.
- Ensure that security and confidentiality of information is carefully considered throughout the development process and that systems and customer information are rigorously protected.
- Work closely with Senior Systems Architect and Business Systems Manager to produce accurate delivery estimates for projects.
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to the Senior Systems Architect and Business Systems Manager and work closely with them to manage delivery risks and issues.
- Ensure the appropriate documentation is produced for development activities including: system architecture; user, functional, and design specifications; and data models
- Define project delivery phases to include activities, sub-activities, and milestones, making sure they are suitably documented.
- Follow standard company policy and processes to ensure (custom) production instances are stable and changes introduced in a controlled manner with necessary consideration to security and reliability.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 5+ years work experience in software development
- Experience working with UI technologies like HTML, CSS, DOM, Ajax
- Experience with jQuery and Bootstrap
- Experience working with RESTful Web APIs
Desirable, but not essential:
- Development experience in PHP/JAVA development
- Experience with high availability systems
- Experience with public cloud solutions (AWS, Azure)
Benefits of joining us:
- Pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Health cover
- Birthday lunches
- Fun fund
- Cycle to work scheme