Senior Architectural Consultant
My client are a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with their clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services.
They differentiate themselves through their talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe.
Currently recruiting for a Senior Architectural Consultants to design Free Schools and Academies for their clients around London and the South East. Their clear focus on delivering exceptional outcomes for their clients means that you can be confident of making an important and positive contribution to the development of the national social infrastructure.
- To provide efficient and coordinated architectural design solutions with the ability to work independently where required
- To work with Clients and the project team (including Project Managers, QSs, engineers etc) to ensure design information is coordinated, of the right quality and standards as set by the client, maintained, updated and communicated adequately, achieves project timescales and cost aspirations, as well as complying with team processes and procedures, legislation, codes of practice and industry best practice.
- Supporting, understanding and advising the client with regard to their obligations in the development of the design
- Encouraging and promoting collaborative and timely working with design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way
- Visit and inspect client sites, then develop design solutions based on any site specific issues, then present design proposals as required.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and best practice and discuss with fellow team members to improve / innovate our service offering with clients and within the company
- Team working - collaborative working within a multidisciplinary team. Sharing information with other team members
- Design information - ensure designs are developed to a set standard - clearly notifying others of changes within the design
- Sales Target: Contribution to sales from identification of sell-on opportunities, bid support etc
- Project Accountability: Leads and delivers complex workstreams and/or small projects. Achieves project objectives and stretch objectives as defined for each project via project appraisals
- Health and Safety: robust understanding of key H&S principles, behaviour-based safety, input to the H&S reporting system and promotion of SHE proactively
- Communication - ability to work remotely from other team members (if necessary) and use video conferencing and screen sharing to communicate ideas and comments online
- Coach, guide and provide technical advice to junior team members, to support them in their delivery on the project and in their professional development
What You have to Offer:
- Degree qualified in Architecture, Architectural Technology or equivalent discipline Substantial progress made toward achieving Chartered status or equivalent professional accreditation
- Minimum 3 years industry relevant experience - with some involvement with Education projects
- Competent in all facets of architectural design and construction
- Understanding of design coordination with engineering and specialist consultants. Ideally experience of BIM compliant collaboration
- Good technical understanding of relevant design Standards including CDM, Planning, Building Regulations and related British Standards, Building Bulletins, Sustainability Standards (eg: BREEAM)
- Proficiency with design software including Autocad and/or Revit, and Adobe Creative Cloud software for desktop publishing / design reports
- Capability to sketch ideas by hand an advantage
- Client engagement skills
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability/willingness to travel to sites essential and full driving license preferred
What The Client Offers:
They offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives.
They offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career
If you are interested in this role please drop me an email with your CV and portfolio to . Alternatively please call on .
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.