Job Title: CAD Technician
Your salary: £30,000 - £36,000
Where: City of London
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Chris Moloney)
Who you'll be working for:
My client, based in a historic area of the City of London, is a turnkey Design and Build Company specialising in commercial fit out. They work with some very well-known clients, including some internationally recognised retail brands. This mid-size company is growing steadily and as such this position has now become available.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Producing Full Construction Drawing & Specification Packages
- Carry out survey work onsite and producing record drawing information.
- As Built Drawings for completed projects.
- Risk Assessments for pre-construction
- Some European travel to major cities for project work may be necessary
- Clients may include Nike, Converse, Sony, Redbull. Plus others.
- Experienced communications with Statutory Authorities, suppliers, subcontractors. Site Managers, fabricators is essential
- Collaboration and communication skills necessary within the design team
- A good team player - able to work across multiple projects that are running concurrently.
- To offer help, advice with technical issues, specifications and processes from past experience.
- Good documentation layout skills using InDesign
You must have:
- Experience as a CAD Technician within commercial workplace sectors; retail experience a bonus
- Minimum 5 years' work experience in commercial workplace and retail interiors.
- AutoCAD Lt
- Sketchup Pro
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Vectorworks (not essential)
- Adobe Photoshop, In-design.
- PC user. Not MAC
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity or discuss any other design opportunities, please contact Chris Moloney on or apply online today.