Systems and Build Administrator
1 day left
- Full Time
Dates: Full time Monday to Friday (8 hours a day including 1 hour lunch break -core hours 10am to 4pm) starting as soon as possible. Some degree of flexibility around working hours may be required during busier times.
Salary:£30k - £40k
Application Process: To apply please e-mail a current CV with at least 1 reference and a covering letter to the Chief Operating Officer, Adam Alton. Please note that due to PCI-DSS requirements, background checks (including a basic disclosure check) will be required prior to final employment.
About Make it Social
Make it Social are recruiting for a talented Systems and Build Administrator to join our growing, passionate and innovative central Edinburgh based team.
You will be a pivotal part of the team in the development of the business.
Make it Social offers companies, within a range of industries including travel and event ticketing, a group booking solution that integrates with their existing systems via APIs.
Once integrated the social group is open to a host of opportunities, geared to marketing towards a new demographic. For our users, we are developing a social network that enables more offline social interaction with friends and family.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented system and build admin that will help us effectively manage our infrastructure, deployment chain and live systems. An increasingly active development team requires an exceptionally robust build setup, and a steadily growing number of live instances require stable and monitored environments.
- Are you able to level headedly handle the pressure of a team looking for stable builds?
- Are you able to effectively manage multiple live cloud-based environments?
- Can you find innovative solutions appropriate to the required context for conflicting infrastructure demands?
- Do you think this stuff is fun?
Essential Technical Skills
- 4 years or more bash experience
- 2 years or more Python / Ruby /
- Perl experience
- 3 years or more Jenkins experience
- AWS infrastructure management, particularly IAM, VPC, S3, EC2, ECS, SNS, Route 53 and CloudWatch
- Ability to sift through logs and find error points quickly
Desirable Technical / Soft Skills
- Strong infrastructure modeling skills
- GitHub integrations
- Ability to operate well in a team environment
- Babel, Gulp, Grunt scripting
- MySQL / MongoDB
- High degree of accuracy in work result
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS
Character & Personality
- Able to resolve problems quickly whilst maintaining communication channels
- Innovative applier of available resource
- A commitment to excellence
- Appreciative of the startup culture
- Keen problem solver
- Ultra organised
Internal: Developers and Operations