Events and Marketing Executive
We have a new exciting opportunity! At Oxford Innovation Services we are currently looking for an Events and Marketing Executive to join us in Redruth. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary of £21,000-£24,000 per annum, plus benefits.
Oxford Innovation Services (OIS), is recognised as one of the UK’s leading business support providers. OIS programmes offer business workshops and one-to-one business coaching to SMEs across Cornwall to accelerate local economic development, funded from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.
About the Events and Marketing Executive role
Your role will be to promote key programmes, projects, business development and new product development activities to business owners within Cornwall. Playing a key role in delivering the marketing objectives for OIS – Cornwall team, you will report to the Marketing Manager and will be responsible for co-ordinating and implementing tactical marketing communications activities. This role will require travel to various events.
You will be the first point of contact for clients and others outside the company so a bright personality, confidence and being able to work on your own initiative is imperative. You will have strong project management skills. A flexible and supportive working approach combined with an ability to communicate to a diverse audience to maximise engagement is essential for this role.
Key Responsibilities of the Events and Marketing Executive
- Design and execution of engaging events and workshops
- Assist in the planning process for events and agree support requirements.
- Coordinate collateral to support events and liaise with the Digital Marketing Executive to promote and follow up events via online channels
- Develop a promotional plan around each event or workshop to drive attendance and exposure for the programme.
- Working closely with our dedicated Event agency on bigger events. .
- Handle all printed marketing collateral
- Respond to requirements for printed marketing collateral (brochures, flyers, leaflets, pop up stands, corporate gifts) – liaising with marketing suppliers for estimates, seeking relevant approvals and overseeing production through to delivery.
- Check consistency of all branded items against OIS brand guidelines.
- Ensure the Cornwall team is aware of the range of marketing collateral available.
- Manage partner relationships and cross-marketing opportunities
- Manage our offline advertising, acting as liaison between OIS and our nominated agencies.
- Coordinate tactical advertising activities as required (in line with marketing objectives and budget).
- Check integration of any printed media advertising with our online activities.
- Provide input to measure the success of advertising activities
- Ad hoc support to the Marketing team as appropriate and required
What we’re looking for in our Events and Marketing Executive
- You will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) with strong academic/professional credentials in events management and marketing
- Ability to demonstrate significant experience of working in an events and marketing role, with a diverse range of responsibilities.
- Proven experience of having successfully developed and implemented an innovative and engaging events strategy with particular emphasis upon:
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve both individual and overarching organisational objectives and KPIs
- Excellent time management and prioritisation ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Budget control is essential so demonstrable past experience of effective project management within agreed cost parameters
If you would like to join our team as our new Events and Marketing Executive then please click ‘apply’ today, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: 14 August 2017.
Interviews w/c 21 August 2017
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
This role is funded from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.