2 days left
- Full Time
Buyer - £35,000
We are currently seeking a buyer for a leading provider of Ambient products in the UK. This is an opportunity for a bright and driven individual to join a leading award winning, independently owned food business, with an international supply base in over 20 countries. The ideal candidate will have a grocery background - FMCG.
The Buyer will be working in a small team and be responsible for undertaking all activities relating to sourcing individual products. You will take a proactive role in the company and will at times be expected to support the sales team in their commercial negotiations with the customer base.
Responsibilities to include:
- Develop and maintain commercial relationships with all existing and new suppliers.
- Liaise with key suppliers to keep up with their latest products.
- Maintain expert knowledge of assigned product groups including industry trends, economic factors, supply chain security issues and key suppliers for each product group.
- Assist with sourcing and the tender submissions for customers.
- Manage product supply to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
- Support Sales, Technical, Supply Chain and suppliers regarding New Product Development.
- Collaborate with the Technical Team on supplier quality issues and quality monitoring to include resolving problems at supplier sites.
- Research the market and/or new markets as required in order to extend and improve the company’s product ranges.
Qualifications & Competencies
- 2.1 or above in a relevant business degree (Industrial year desirable)
- Second language useful preferably Spanish or French
- Confident with strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to prioritise, multi task and meet deadlines.
- Analytically and process minded.
- Exceptional negotiation techniques.
- Strong commercial and financial management skills.
- Highly motivated and project-driven.
- Personal attributes "Cando" attitude Dynamic and determined with a passion for what they do
- Result driven Tenacious
- Interest in FMCGs and the food industry
What you will receive
- Remuneration package £30-35,000 per annum
- Company pension,
- healthcare and life cover
- 23 days holiday
- Our client also invests heavily in personal and professional development