IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 depending on experience plus annual bonus
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
MotoNovo Finance is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, attaining the Gold Standard from Investors In People award and the 3 Star Best Companies Accreditation in 2015.
We have also been rated the 12th Best Company To Work For in the UK by The Sunday Times in 2017.
Everyone in our team can expect class-leading development and support, a competitive remuneration package and feel part of a real success story with exceptional benefits.
As a MotoNovian you can enjoy a fantastic benefits package including; Pension (employer contribution of 10%), Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday plus your Birthday offand a Christmas Shopping day! And so much more!
Responsible for the operation of a range of cyber security enforcement technologies and the analysis of their output to identify indicators of compromise.
- Managing the security policies of a range of anti-malware and data leakage prevention technologies in line with MotoNovo’s information security policies, eg. AV, IDS, Web Proxy, Email, SIEM, DLP.
- Ensuring security technologies provide adequate protection of MotoNovo’s information assets.
- Monitor vulnerability information relating to MotoNovo’s IT estate and produce vulnerability advisories when necessary.
- Maintain security technology policies in response to changes in the vulnerability position.
- Analysing output of all security technologies and reverse engineering malware for indicators of compromise and cyber-attack.
- Maintain an understanding in cyber-attack methods, tools, techniques and trends.
- Produce regular security and security health reports in support of MotoNovo’s information risk management process.
- Conduct forensic investigations into cyber security incidents as part of MotoNovo’s incident management process.
- Ensure that problems are managed in accordance with agreed standards and processes and the escalation procedures are adhered to, responding to escalation, complex and high impact problems in a timely fashion.
- Mentor and coach other team members when required, to help ensure that the business intelligence architecture and standards are achieved.
- Maintain an up-to-date, thorough knowledge and understanding of the Company’s IT systems and processes.
- Proactively research and keep abreast of technology trends and developments. Recognise and recommend improvements to services and products offered by the IT department.
- Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge and understanding of MotoNovo Finance products and services, providing accurate information and proactively promoting them where appropriate
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory, legislative information and industry standards related to MotoNovo Finance products and services (e.g. ICOB, FCA Rules, Money Laundering, Data Protection, 27001, PCI-DSS etc.) as advised by Line Management.
- Maintain good knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies and procedures relevant to the role, being compliant with these policies and procedures at all times
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent (e.g. Cyber Security)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within an IT Security area or SOC working with a wide range of security technologies.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Excellent systems analytical skills to transform innovative and creative solutions into functional systems
- Understanding in all aspects of information technology, its operation and implementation (eg. infrastructure, operating systems, applications, Internet)
- wareness of industry wide good security practice and operation of IT systems
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-sufficient and foster 'trusted advisor’ relationships with the business
- Good understanding of system and software security and application performance best practices.
- Communication skills and the ability to present complex concepts in a simple logical manner, both technical and business terms
- Financial services industry, Cyber security industry
- Operating Systems
- Distributed web applications
- Security technologies
If you feel like you have the skills, enthusiasm and drive to become a member of Team MotoNovo, then please APPLY NOW!
Please note you will need to successfully pass a credit check for your application to be shortlisted.
We are committed to the achievement of Equal Opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in MotoNovo Finance. We endeavour to respond to all applicants however due to the volume of CV's received if you do not receive a response within two weeks please treat your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.