Data Analyst - Reporting/Visualisation
My Global Leading Law Firm is looking for a Technical Analyst who will work within the Commercial Finance team servicing their global network. The team are regarded as the experts in their field providing high quality reporting, analysis and pricing advice. This new role is required to provide the technical expertise with regard to sourcing and presenting information to the business using the appropriate BI reporting tools
- Work with the team to create a managed technical landscape to facilitate self-service ad hoc analysis and to provide appropriate support, focussed on delivering analysis and insights to inform and drive decisions
- Work closely with fee earners, business services and colleagues in the Commercial Finance team to translate rapidly their requirements into deliverable reports and dashboards Simplify the delivery and consumption of information by designing and producing meaningful and effective data visualisations using appropriate data sources from a variety of database platforms
- Work closely with the core BI development to transition successfully prototyped solutions into mainstream development
Skills and Experience
- Experience working with BI and Data Warehouse teams with significant technical expertise in data handling, reporting and dashboard analytics. Ideally using TSQL, Power BI, Tableau and the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS)
- Significant experience of working for a large, global, organisation within an analytics department is ideal, particularly if within or for a Finance function.
- Experience in Legal/Professional services is also desirable The candidate may be qualified by degree or via strong relevant and demonstrable technical experience.
- The candidate must be highly computer literate with advanced Microsoft Office skills particularly in MS Excel
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into high quality technical solutions, together with the ability to create a common technical approach to implementation and presentation
- A highly motivated self-starter with a flexible attitude to work who seeks to understand the needs of and provide the best possible solutions for the business.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills.