Insurance Services Complaint Handler
LSL Property Services, a leading plc within the property sector, has a number of major businesses under its umbrella and is one of the most innovative and award winning property service providers. With estate agency brands such as Your Move, Reeds Rains & Intercounty, surveying business e-surv, and mortgage network First Complete amongst others; we are a nationally recognised brand.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a well established, small and friendly Compliance Team at our Newcastle based Head Office.
Regarded as the 'Centre for Excellence’ in complaint handling for the LSL Group of Networks, this team is responsible for investigating and resolving mortgage and non-investment related insurance complaints at its Office on the Newcastle Business Park.
The role involves liaising with consumers in relation to their feedback and collating relevant documentation and reports from the network’s Appointed Representatives, Lenders and Insurers to assist compiling an audit trail of events. This will then enable you to conduct a thorough investigation and assess whether procedures have been followed and the TCF principle applied.
All complaints are administered, investigated and resolved in accordance with regulatory requirements and company standards. You will be responsible for promoting a customer focused environment.
- Working within a financial services environment
- Ensuring proper records are maintained
- Identifying patterns and trends in complaints and assisting with the production of accurate management information
- Working within internal standards and the external regulatory and legislative framework
- Acting with integrity and protecting any business sensitive information
- Remaining conversant with the FCA Handbook and other legislation / regulation impacting on the business in the performance of the role
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Proven experience in a complaints handling position
- Active ability to demonstrate empathy
- Strong communication skills- articulate, verbal and oral
- Active problem solving skills, and ability to think on your feet
- Good organisational skills
- To provide feedback to the business on trends identified and prevention of recurrence
- CeMaP qualification is essential. Level 3 Certificate in Regulated Complaints Handling (CeRCH) is desirable.
The office offers free staff parking and a good infrastructure for public transport into/from Newcastle City Centre.