IT Security Analyst - £40,000 - £55,000 - Bournemouth
IT Security Analyst
£40,000 - £55,000 per annum + Bonus + Training
Bournemouth - Dorset
Our Client are seeking a Security Analyst to look after the day-to-day operations by investigating incidents and improving the effectiveness of the tools in place. You will be responsible for reviews and audits of the security solutions deployed throughout the enterprise to ensure controls and processes are accurately adhered to.
Contribute to ensuring that security regulatory requirements are documented and being met. The IT Security Analyst is expected to be aware of the enterprise's security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
- Participate in the day-to-day running of the SOC investigating and remediating any incidents as required.
- Monitor recognised industry security bulletin boards and other sources in order to advise of potential security weaknesses within the company.
- Run the vulnerability scanning solution and ensure actions are tracked.
- Conduct IT risk assessments.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised solutions, improved processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security
- Perform product assessments for potential new security solutions
- Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of the companies networks, systems and applications
- One or more of the following certifications desirable:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions expert: Security
- (ISC)2: SSCP, CISSP
- GIAC: GCCC, GICSP
- Experience in enterprise security architecture design and document creation.
- Experience in designing and delivering employee security awareness training
- Experience with IP networking, networking protocols, IPSec, PKI, VPN's, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, email, access lists
- Experience with internet, web, application and network security techniques.
- Experience with SIEM and other security solutions for identification and investigation
- Familiarity with Carbon Black Response, LogRythm SIEM and Rapid 7 vulnerability tools would be highly desirable.
For immediate consideration please send a copy of your CV to or call
Keywords: Security, Analyst, SOC, IT Security, SSCP, CISSP, GIAC, GCCC, GICSP, SIEM, Carbon Black Response, LogRythm, Rapid 7, Vulnerability