Art Archivist Internship World Famous Talent Management West London
A world famous talent management company working with stars from both the music and sports industries such as Elton John, Ed Sheeran and Laura Trott.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,100 per month (working 10am - 6pm) with the intention to be extended or convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company to support the archivist responsible for acquiring, managing and maintaining collections of art and other items of artistic and historical interest.
Full training will be provided.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
• Researching, identifying and cataloguing paintings and other items.
• Evaluating records and items for preservation and retention - some may be fragile and need careful handling, repair or conservation.
• Arranging for the acquisition and retrieval of records and items.
• Liaising with donors and depositors of items, both internal and external to the organisation.
• Preparing record-keeping systems and procedures for archival research and for the retention or destruction of records.
• Cataloguing collections and managing information and records.
• Responding to personal, telephone, email and written enquiries in relation to the collections.
• Facilitating remote access by maintaining user-friendly, computer-aided search systems.
• Helping to arrange exhibitions, talks and visits.
• Helping to identify ways of protecting and preserving collections.
• Assisting and advising on the ongoing organisation and storage of material in order to encourage organisations to plan for the future.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level.
• A keen interest in art and possibly a specialist area.
• Great communication skills, you’ll need to be able to relate to a wide range of people.
• Great organisational skills.
• A logical approach to the work of identification and classification.
• Good organisational ability to manage a wide range of tasks.
• An understanding of research skills in order to help others access items and materials.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• The ability to skim and understand an extensive and varied range of material.
• Adaptability and a high degree of flexibility.
• The ability to anticipate and respond to changing needs.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Exceptional IT skills and an interest in applying digital technology to archival practice.
• High level of competence in administrative.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• Working for a world famous artist management brings with it perks in terms of being involved with really interesting events and opportunities.
• This internship could involve some international travel where appropriate.
• This is a great ‘foot in the door’ opportunity to an industry typically hard to break into.
• 22 days holiday
• Working hours are 10am - 6pm