IT Course Support Engineer
Who are we?
QA Higher Education is a UK Higher Education provider, currently partnering with universities and education specialists across the UK and internationally to recruit, market and deliver a range of programmes from foundation level, to undergraduate and postgraduate level. QAHE is expanding rapidly and looking for new talent to help support the business through a period of tremendous growth. It really is an exciting time to join the business!
About The Role
If you like speaking with people and building relationship, whilst still operating in a technical IT role then the key purpose of this role will be to Plan, prepare, maintain and deploy IT resources to facilitate effective course delivery at all QAHE sites.
The role will be based at our Central London office with travel across our other sites within London as well as occasional travel to our sites in both Birmingham and Manchester
What do we offer you?
• Competitive financial package allowing you to earn uncapped commission
• In-depth coaching and mentoring both internally and externally
• Career development
• Pension & Life Insurance
• 25 days holiday
• 2 days paid Charity work each year for a charity of your choice
• 3 days of additional training which does not need to be relevant to your role from our very own course selection
What do we want from you?
• Plan, prepare, maintain and deploy IT resources to facilitate effective course delivery at all QAHE sites
• Ensure that the student IT experience both in and outside of the classroom environment is positive.
• Develop implementation plans with relevant stakeholders and act as the QAHE IT lead on projects and new installations (e.g. IT labs, classroom expansion).
• Assume ownership and responsibility for center configuration.
• Deliver projects on time as requested by line manager
• Develop skill set in-line with the maintenance requirements to enable support for vendor technologies employed within the business
• Ensure a professional customer facing attitude and response is maintained at all times.
• Monitor, identify and report issues/problems as appropriate.
• Act as first point of contact for QAHE’sCenter staff (within role remit) and partner university colleagues.
• Support specification and procurement process for hardware requirements
• Support installation and maintenance of hardware as required.
• Participate in regular meetings, staff development and training sessions within QA, QAHE and Partner universities.
Your Skills & Experience
• Ideally 2 years’ experience in an IT Network engineer capacity - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Line support
• Good knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
• Good knowledge of networking, including, IP addressing and routing
• Experience of technical setups, including workstation and server builds
• Analysing and resolving technical issues
• Understanding of infrastructure based technical issues
• Ability to work autonomously
• Capable of building multiple working stakeholder relationships
• Persistent, tenacious and collaborative
If you are looking to for a new challenge, then please apply today.