1 day left
- Full Time
Cooper Lomaz have been exclusively engaged to support a growing SME in Norwich to recruit a Financial Controller. This is a new role for the business and signals the start of building an in house finance function for the business. The Financial Controller role will take the lead on all financial activities reviewing all payment terms, transactional processes and financial reporting within the organisation. A key element of the role will be to work closely with the CEO to provide greater financial clarity to the business and provide all commercial commentary on performance to support key business decisions.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Full ownership of the accounts from top to bottom including accounts preparation and transactional finance
- Working closely with the CEO, providing financial insight and influencing key business decisions
- Review processes for credit control to maximise return of outstanding debts
- Review of current income & revenue streams to maximise profitability
- Work with senior departmental heads to ensure the wider business understands financial performance
- Transition accounts function from external providers to an internal function
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with an analytical mind to understand business operations and support with business growth. Candidates will need to be willing to work in a top to bottom role as the sole member of the finance function but also have the drive to build a team around this role. Strong Excel skills will be key combined with the ability to bring greater financial insight to the wider business.