- Full Time
Are you an Estimator living in Sussex or Surrey that would like to work on medium sized local construction projects? Do you want to live and work in the Southern Counties and cut out the commute to London? If so, and you are an experienced Estimator, then I have an excellent opportunities with some of the most successful and established regional Contractors. Salaries up to 65k
The roles will include but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Arrange site inspections
- Provide accurate budgets/cost plans
- Provide detailed "take-off" and Bill of Quantities (BQ)
- Work on traditional Plan and Specification, Design and Build and possibly Partnered Contracts
- Obtain competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
- Oversee or complete quote analysis comparisons
- Check and amend rate/price build-ups where necessary
- Prepare tender build-ups for internal adjudication and carry out adjustments where necessary
- Preparation and collation of relevant information/ documentation for handover meeting, ensuring all teams are suitably briefed
- Discuss the clients requirements for a pre-tender meeting with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
- Participate in post-tender meetings with clients
- Degree or Higher National Certificate in Construction/Building, or equivalent.
- Previous estimating experience of at least 5 years.
- Knowledge of building, material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking-off) and H&S.
- Management skills - basic programming, planning, compiling reports.
- Word processing and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing - Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills; well-spoken and personable; able to get on with diverse personalities
- Strong analysis and reasoning abilities
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information
The successful applicant will not only be rewarded with a leading salary and package but they will also have the opportunity to be part of a growing business now and in the future. They will have a long term career path established with a great regional business with excellent staff retention. Contact me today for more information!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.