The role of the Security Architect is delivery of a number of Application and Cloud related Security Architecture projects. The Security Architect will lead the design and development of architectures (including related architectural patterns), which are aligned with company standards as well as IT and business strategy.
The Security Architect may work across either the Enterprise, Technical, Data or Solutions Architecture disciplines. Focus is on Application & Database Security, Cryptography, Network Security and Information Security Architecture.
This is a chance for an experienced Security professional to join a digital team working in a brand new function inside one of the leading banks on a number of greenfield projects where security will be a key concern all the way through the software development lifecycle.
Security Architect Responsibilities:
- Architecture ownership of assigned Security Domains including the creation and ownership of domain assets such as Visions, Principles, Solutions Architectures, and Roadmaps for each
- Shaping and optimising the Security Portfolio with the Security Change function, using Roadmaps as key inputs
- Providing ad-hoc reports, viewpoints and white papers to respond to management questions, project issues etc.
- Liaising with Project Managers and Solutions Designers to set projects up for success at the start to ensure strategic value is delivered and tactical effort and spend is minimised
- Performing strategic design reviews at key points of the project lifecycle to identify any risks or capability gaps that need addressing
- Facilitating workshops with Technical and Business stakeholders to provide direction or drive issue resolution - providing analysis, distilling down to key decisions, and capturing next steps or plan for issue resolution
Security Architect Skills:
- Domain expertise in three or more areas:
- Network Security (e.g. WAFs, Firewalls, Proxy, IDS/IPS, CASB)
- Information Protection including classification, tagging, and Data Loss Protection
- Identity & Access Management (incl. RBAC, recertification, federation, and MFA)
- Malware detection
- Endpoint security capability (e.g. posture check & isolation, device lockdown, etc.)
- Cryptography (e.g. key & certificate management, hardware security modules, data encryption & rights management solutions)
- Vulnerability management, risk management and threat intelligence
- Application & Database Security (incl. SDLC, code scanning solutions, DB firewall & monitoring)
- Security monitoring, correlation and operations
- Be adept at identifying and addressing emerging domain trends and articulating considerations, impacts and future decisions
- Proven experience using Information Security Frameworks (e.g. ISF, NIST, ISO) and use of Architecture development methods (e.g. TOGAF)
- Previous experience of seeing Security Architecture direction and decision making through to Design, Implementation and Run/Operations.
For more information get in touch with Alec Dewell on or