Head of IT
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of IT to join one of the world's leading organisations.
As a Head of IT you will be responsible for the management of Information Technology and Information Services risks whilst minimising compliance, financial and reputational exposure. You will be responsible for formulating and delivering the IT/IS roadmaps in line with the Group strategy whilst leading, developing and inspiring the IT&S teams.
- Maintain integrity and stability of all IT functionality
- Formulate the Groups IS strategy, as derived from the business strategy with the main focus on architecture and information planning
- Lead the IT governance structure to ensure alignment of IT initiatives with business priorities whilst balancing resource constraints
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of IT infrastructure
- Evaluate the functionality of systems and products prior to recommending required solution
- Coordinate all system deployment activities
- Responsible for the creation, review and delivery of policies relating to execution of design, development/implementation, maintenance, testing and functional training of application key users
- Ensure adherence to software licensing laws
- Recruit, manage and evaluate the performance of IT and IS teams. Develop a successful plan
- Maintain knowledge of technological advancements to anticipate and implement those appropriate to our business
- Ensure the team has the relevant skills to deliver first class support and service
- Manage business analysts to deliver successful implementation of new systems
- Oversee training of core systems to all users
- Effective communication with the executive team, especially around the implementation of new systems
- Prepare and manage annual IT budge (capital and revenue) and deliver within it
- Work with procurement on IT vendor negotiations, 3rd party supplier management and license renewals.
- Strong IT operations management experience, working in a senior role, influencing multiple teams and disciplines
- Experience of strategic planning and execution
- A broad understanding of IT systems, applications and operating systems and associated architecture across the spectrum of existing and emerging technology
- Knowledge of change management, contracting and negotiating
- Ability to generate respect and trust from all levels of the internal staff and external partners
- Ability to manage multiple IT disciplines such as software development and technical support
- Strong problem solving skills and change management skills
- Demonstrable skills in managing projects of various sizes and technologies
- Ability to present complex themes, concepts and contracts at a high level to generate buy in from senior management
- Ideally you will have good overall ERP knowledge although this is not necessarily essential for the role.
- Experience in a manufacturing/engineering background will be highly desirable but not essential for the role
If you are interested in this position please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.