3rd Line - Senior Support / Project Engineer - IT Consultancy - West London - £40,000 - £45,000
I am currently working with a leading West London based Managed Service provider who due to their continued success are looking to further grow their Project and Support team. They currently have a business critical requirement for 2 Senior Engineers with MSP or IT Consultancy experience. This role will come will be a hybrid of senior level 3rd line support and Project management and implementation.
If you’re an engineer who is passionate about technology and are looking for a growing company which you can genuinely effect whilst also being given the tools to progress your own skillset then this is the opportunity for you.
Nature of role:
- 3rd line support (including point of escalation for our helpdesk)
- Carry out & manage infrastructure & migration projects for clients
- Develop, document and roll out new products and processes
- Planning, configuration, maintenance and upgrade of systems infrastructure including Servers, associated management systems and other core infrastructure components.
- Primarily based at our Brentford office, but with regular project work at client sites across London
Skill set required:
- At least 3 years IT support experience with an MSP.
- Core technology experience:
- Windows Server 2008-2016 (preferably MCSA/MSCE certified).
- Office 365, Exchange 2007-2016, including hybrid & Azure AD Connect.
- Networking: Firewalls (eg Sonicwall, Meraki, Cisco), Switches (eg HP, Cisco)
- Backup/DR software & agent-based monitoring software: use, configuration, and ideally higher-level policy creation/management as well.
- Storage: DAS/SAN (Dell, HP), NAS (Synology + others)
- Has fixed broken servers, with client and Microsoft/3rd party vendors where required:
- Either an individual "server won’t boot" hardware/operating system issue
- Troubleshoot interoperation/connectivity problems between multiple servers taking the view of the network as a whole
- Recovered a whole server from backup
- Configure and troubleshoot complex networking scenarios involving routing across multiple sites, VPNs, WAN connections/firewalls, VLANs
- Can figure out a complex product or system, document it into processes such that 1st/2nd line can follow successfully, train other engineers to do it and monitor their output to ensure it stays done the right way.
- Scripting (Powershell)
- Attention to detail.
- Fluent in spoken and written English - required for telephone helpdesk calls and customer correspondence.
- Car and full UK license - all travel costs to and from clients will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity and some of the changes going on at my client then click apply or contact Sonny.