Product Development/Category Manager
Product Development Manager -£35k - £40k- London
This role is for a truly innovative global gifting business which is currently growing at a phenomenal pace. The Product Development Manager role is ideal for somebody who is full of ideas, has a passion for product and has a well-developed sense of fun, along with the ability to deliver commercial product ranges which ultimately grow the category and improve margins.
- Lead and manage the delivery of innovative new products for your category, ensuring consistent proactive analysis of global trends, market opportunities, competitor activity, feasibility and previous product successes & failures.
- Own and develop the strategy for your category each season
- Strengthen relationships with global suppliers, liaising and negotiating directly with factories, predominately in the Far East
- Lead a small Product team and grow and develop them to enable their future progression
- Work cross functionally with in-house design, sales, technical and demand planning teams and communicate as a key contact globally
You need to have:
- A background in Category Management/ Product Development/ Buying and ideally you will have experience within the beauty or gifting industries
- Experience in direct Far-East sourcing with excellent negotiation skills
- A high degree of initiative, with the ability to work independently and without a high degree of supervision
- Confidence; with the ability to present at Director level internally and communicate with a wide variety of cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to work at speed under pressure and excellent attention to detail