Server & Network Infrastructure Support Engineer 2nd/3rd Line - CCNA/VCP/MCSA/MCSE/MCITP
Role: Server and Network Infrastructure Support Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £52,000
Our client, a large financial organisations based in Central London, is looking for a experienced 2nd / 3rd line support engineer. The successful candidate will manage and maintain their Network and Server infrastructure services, minimising security risk and maximizing service availability. The candidate will also be expected to accurately document at all times the changes to the infrastructure, following strict IT change and release procedures. Candidate will be expected to deliver a secure and reliable IT infrastructure and complete requests, issue and change tickets within agreed SLAs.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- MCSA/MCSE/MCITP Certified
- VCP certified.
- CCNA certified
- Active Directory design, administration and maintenance (Group Policy, Login Scripts, FSMO)
- Knowledge of network design, implementation and management inc WAN, LAN, DNS/WINS/DHCP
- Highly skilled in virtualisation technologies such as VMWare ESX deployments, management and support
- Knowledge and experience of Storage Area Networks (SAN) - Ideally Dell Equalogic and iSCSI connectors
- Build and administration of MS Exchange Server 2010+
- Knowledge and experience of Voice & Data network administration, including telephony (Mitel infrastructure preferable)
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco ASA firewall
- Knowledge and experience of Checkpoint firewall
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco Modular Switches and ASR Routers
- Server & Network monitoring - e.g. Orion / Solarwinds
- Message filtering - e.g. Clearswift
- Backup Solution (e.g Symantec Backup Exec)
- Mobile IT technologies (e.g. Good Technology)
- Experience of secure file transfer solution
- Internet content filtering - e.g. Websense
- Server based hardware knowledge
- Encryption (PGP), Symantec AV and Endpoint security
- Management of Remote Access solution (e.g. , Cisco VPN, Juniper networks and RSA)
- SIEM solution (e.g Solarwinds LEM)
- Experience with Cisco Wireless controller, Cisco ACS
- ITIL Foundation
- Willingness to record, capture and document all tasks and projects without exception through the appropriate IT process/procedure.
- Good organisation skills with a logical, analytical approach to solving IT problems and the ability to prioritise work to meet demands and deadlines of both IT support and IT development
- Proven ability to manage IT suppliers in operational support and development activities
- Ability to work on your own initiative whilst at the same time adhering to strict IT policies and procedures
- Excellent customer facing skills, with a professional and helpful manner.
- The ability to facilitate decision making by providing complex technical information in simple formats.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the entire Microsoft Product range (especially Windows Server, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server) and the associated licensing models and application
- Networking experience such as TCP/IP configuration, Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
Significant knowledge and experience of network security and Firewalls ideally including Cisco.
Server management & support:
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for all of our clients server infrastructure and services (including coordination of 3rd party suppliers as required)
- Ensure integrity and security of the network and server estate, in line with our clients standards and policies
- Own and maintain the clients Backup and recovery plan, and ensure that all servers are backed up in accordance with the set backup procedures.
- Support and maintain Intranet and Web services
- Manage the installation, maintenance and support of server and network virus protection as required
- Define and maintain systems management tools and processes to proactively monitor servers to maintain efficient operation
- Proactively monitor capacity and demand of IT infrastructure across servers, network & storage.
- Provide assistance to the Services Engineers (i.e. 3rd level desktop, laptop, application support including infrastructure services support - e.g. AD, Exchange, DNS in support of desktop services etc)
- Manage and maintain the clients IT Disaster Recovery plan and deployment to DR site, ensuring regular checks and tests are completed
- Monitoring and managing the licensing position for the clients server estate, gaining approval for additional licensing expenditure and flagging issues relating to licensing to IT Management
Network management & support:
- Maintain firewall and network solutions, managing upgrades as required and ensuring compliance with security policies and standards
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for all of the clients voice and data network infrastructure and services (including coordination of 3rd party suppliers as required)
- Maintain and support perimeter security and filtering solutions (e.g. email filtering, Gateway antivirus checking, internet content filtering and controls)
- Provide, manage and support secure data transfer services (e.g. SFTP service and infrastructure)
- Provide, manage and support secure data encryption services (e.g. PGP encryption)
- Lead the implementation of the server and network elements of the technical roadmap as defined by the IT Solution Architect
- Lead IT infrastructure and software product reviews, testing, verifying and providing proposals to upgrade current estate and build
If you would like to be considered for this position please contact Christian at IF Recruitment.