Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager - Prestigious Central Government - Central London
Your new company
A prestigious Central Government institution is looking to appoint a Senior Project Manager to join their team.
Your new role
The programme which you will be assigned to has a high public profile. The Programme also has significant interdependencies with other major programmes on the Estate and carries some substantial risks that will require close management. The Programme will deliver the building refurbishments to Level 2 BIM using the NEC3 suite of contracts.
You will support the Senior Project Leader to deliver the next stages and phases of the Project. The Estate consists of listed buildings and the spaces between them which are currently occupied by over 1,000 people. Some buildings have not been refurbished for many years and are in varying states of repair.
In addition your main responsibilities will be the following:
- Regular internal stakeholder and associated external (by agreement) stakeholder engagement and liaison and management
- Through the Senior Project Leader oversee the timely application and discharge of any appropriate pre-commencement Planning and Listed Building Consent conditions
- Leadership of consultant project managers and other consultants to oversee any works to be delivered by the proposed consultants and associated correspondence.
- Leadership of the consultant Project Manager and Supervisor (Client Advisory Team)
- Performance management of the Project Manager and Supervisor
- Review of the current logistics, construction and enabling works proposals
- In liaison with the consultant Project Manager, leading and reporting on project progress and any associated issues on site
- Change management (time, cost, stakeholder expectations)
- Leadership of the handover process
- Acting in client capacity in respect of contract compensation events impacts and authorisations
- In liaison with the consultant Project Manager, leading and reporting on any lessons learnt from the enabling / early works phase
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.