1 day left
- Full Time
FCA Controlled Function Advising Clients on Investments (CF30)
GAM is one of the world’s leading independent asset management groups focused on active investing. With assets under management of CHF 126.9 billion (USD 126.8 billion), GAM employs around 1,000 people in 13 countries and is publicly listed in Switzerland, on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
We manage investments for a wide range of clients, including institutions, wholesale intermediaries, financial advisers and private investors. We also support third-party institutions with fund service solutions. Our financial strength, built on a solid capital position, deep resources and without reliance on financial leverage, provides confidence and reassurance to our clients, shareholders, staff and counterparties.
Our processes and structures are designed to foster independent thinking and swift decision making. Our investment professionals do not adhere to a particular ‘house style’. Instead, they are encouraged to maximise the potential of their portfolios by developing their own high-conviction views of the markets, unconstrained from any centralised investment guidelines.
We understand that investing is a long-term endeavour, and we have lived this belief for more than three decades. Over this time, we have developed a comprehensive range of investment solutions across asset classes, with core capabilities in Absolute Return, Alternatives, Fixed Income, Equities, Systematic and Multi Asset Class Solutions. We are a truly global firm in scale and resources, yet small enough to remain nimble and flexible.
Integrity, and our on-going commitment to serve our clients by helping them achieve their investment goals in the right way, are the cornerstones of our business.
We are a firm that is built by investors, for investors.
As an investment manager our employees are our most valuable asset. Being able to offer an attractive work environment where talented minds from various backgrounds are keen to work in is key to the long-term success of our company. We firmly believe in the importance of maintaining the open culture of a small company, aiming to avoid bureaucracy and encouraging a flexible, accessible and hands-on working style across the Group. In turn, our people reward us with their loyalty.
To generate sales of GAM fund products to a range of potential clients (private clients, clients via intermediaries, institutional clients etc.) focusing on independent financial advisors in London and offshore. Meet or exceed individual annual sales targets, as agreed with line manager.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identify and cultivate prospects and clients and follow up new business opportunities.
- Through various approaches, including cold calling, networking, responses to advertising etc, gain new clients and business within targeted client group.
- Participate in road shows, seminars, sales/client events and make formal presentations to potential and existing clients or client groups.
- Actively participate in product strategy and development.
- Keep abreast of fund products and business generation strategy at GAM
- Maintain good working relationships with other business areas within GAM, in particular with Investment Management, Marketing and Portfolio Management. Exchange information to the benefit of the business and sales generation.
- Undertake a wide range of tasks, as required by line Director.
- Five years’ proven success and experience selling similar products within same client group would be desirable.
- Experience of managing both UK and US institutional client and consultant relationships
- Sound understanding of alternative investments, including hedge, trading and private equity funds.
- Established contacts within client group.
- Experience of presenting at both small and large size groups.
- Educated to Bachelors level and above in a relevant discipline.
- FCA registered
- IMC qualified
- FINRA Series 7 qualification or equivalent knowledge is desirable
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to achieve operational goals and to work effectively under pressure of tight deadlines
- Strong determination to gain new business and able to maintain drive and positive outlook in periods of low sales achievement.
- Able to quickly understand and adapt to GAM’s methodology, ethos and general approach to gaining business and servicing client needs.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong team player with an open and constructive style.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Energetic, client orientated and well organised.
25 days holiday
Money Purchase Pension Scheme
Life Assurance (4 x salary)
Group Income Protection (GIP) Cover
Private health cover
Season ticket loan
In relation to FCA Controlled Functions, GAM uses the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as part of its assessment of an applicants’ suitability. If you are applying for a FCA Controlled Function, you will be requested to complete a DBS Application Form. This process will not be conducted until a formal offer of employment is extended to the successful candidate. GAM has a policy for the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders, and on the handling of any information received as part of the DBS checks conducted. GAM would be happy to provide copies of these policies and its procedures for handling DBS information upon request to the HR Manager. Copies are also available from our third party recruiters.
If you are applying for an FCA Controlled Function, we would encourage you, if called for interview to provide details of any criminal record at an early stage in the process. This information may be sent under separate cover (marked Private and Confidential) to the HR Manager at GAM and we guarantee that this information will only be seen by those who need to see it as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to Kat Williams at Kat.Williams@gam.com. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for this role: August 18th 2017.
Apply for Client Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly