SEN Teaching Assistant required in Wallasey

Teaching Personnel
Wallasey, Metropolitan Borough of Wirral
£8.44 - £10/hour
21 Jul 2017
20 Aug 2017
Contract Type
Full Time
Behaviour Support Assistant required for a 1:1 role –Wirral

'Good' Primary School based in Wirral

No classroom based experience required (must have effective behaviour management)

1:1 behaviour support role with a year 1 female pupil

A larger than average size 'Good' Primary School in CH44 area of Wirral are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 with one of their pupils in Year 1.

The Headteacher is seeking additional support for one of their Year 1 pupils. Coming from a challenging background, the pupil has behavioural issues and the Headteacher is ideally seeking a female Behaviour Support Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with her in order to improve her behaviour.

The incoming Teaching Assistant will enjoy the benefits of working in a 1 form entry, 'Good' popular Primary School in the Wallasey area, it is easily accessible by public transport.

When the pupils join the school in the EYFS stage the levels are usually well below what is typical for their age, however when they leave in Year 6 results are generally significantly above average. The school previously has been in the top 20% nationally in terms of achievement.

The behaviour in school is excellent and the pupils are polite, well mannered and welcoming, exclusions are unheard of. Teaching Assistants enjoy coming into school because behaviour is exemplary and attendance is good, in addition the support from senior leaders is constant and evident. The school was described by one parent as an 'asset to its community'.

I urge all Teaching Assistants to apply for this role. If you would like further information on this position, please contact Helen in the Liverpool Primary Branch.

Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to posts must have an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Certificate or be eligible to apply for one via the Criminal Records Bureau - Full assistance provided (agy)