Machinist/Centre Lathe Turner
This highly prestigious multi-national manufacturing company based in Co Durham has an immediate requirement for Manual Turner. You will be working within a fast moving environment where you will gain fantastic experience with a major blue chip employer.
The Machinist/Turner reports directly to the Machine Shop Supervisor, and is responsible for the production of components from drawings.
Utilising various methods of machining to include manual turning, manual milling, slotting and grinding (surface, universal).
The suitable applicant must also be fully conversant in both Metric and Imperial measurements.
Parts produced are either built into assemblies in-house or supplied to customers worldwide as spares for rotating pieces of equipment.
The successful candidate will work as part of a small team which sees a great variety of components pass through the Machine shop
- To ensure safety and quality procedures are adhered to and assist in the improvement of processes.
- Timely production of parts to pre-determined deadlines.
- Produce work to the highest quality standard to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Work within British Standards as per company procedures.
- Support internal teams to get to the root cause of specific issues.
- To take part in specialist or multi-disciplinary team activities.
To behave in a professional manor at all times when dealing with customers, suppliers and collogues.
Ideally the successful candidate will be a time served Engineer/Machinist/Toolmaker with a proven track record in the relevant industry equipment with experience.
Good team work and machining capability is essential to achieve the best results in a growing business.
Flexible approach to tasks
Experienced in manual machining operations.