Legal Secretary (Temporary)
Commercial Law Firm in Newcastle requires an experienced Legal Secretary to assist various departments in the firm on a 6 month fixed term basis.
As well as general typing duties, you will be expected to assist with filing, scanning and to provide general support to the other secretaries within the firm.
This role is a full time position working from the hours of 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday, but fixed term contract for a period of 6 months.
The role involves all aspects of secretarial support, including the following:
- providing efficient and effective support to Partners / Fee Earners,
- typing and using a case management system to produce documents including letters, forms etc,
- liaising directly with clients and other professionals; making appointments and managing diaries,
- assisting with post, photocopying, scanning, filing and file management,
- undertaking administrative tasks including document sorting, paying disbursements and collating information.
You will need:
- To have at least 2 years experience as a Legal Secretary,
- Experience working in Commercial Property and Private Client departments,
- To be flexible, highly organised and enthusiastic individual who is able to work quickly and accurately often within tight timescales with minimal supervision.
- To be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (including basic excel) and be confident in creating, amending and formatting large complicated documents.
- Knowledge of Case Management and Digital Dictation systems.
- Good communication skills and be confident in dealing with clients.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package including contributory pension, 25 days holidays + bank holidays (rising to 30 days with length of service), life insurance, private medical insurance, competitive maternity and paternity benefits.