Hotel Sales Manager - Corporate
Prestigious 4* venue, stunning location overlooking the Thames; ideal setting for weddings and conventional meetings & conferences, now looking to recruit a Sales Manager to target and bring new clients to the hotel for meetings and events business whilst maximising the potential existing users
Suit broad education, ideally with a higher qualification in hospitality/leisure industry or related subject. Minimum of 2 years’ direct sales proactive experience with a good understanding of the sales cycle, hunting and sourcing new business and face to face account management is essential.
- Face to face account development, promoting and proactively selling the property,
- Building on existing corporate relationships whilst sourcing and developing new ones.
- To hunt for, target and bring new clients to the hotel for meetings and events business whilst maximising the potential existing users in order to stimulate enquiries to the hotel and secure business.
- To maintain client database & report back on activities via NH Sales and company business review structure.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Good (3 years +) all round experience in the travel/hospitality industry including the corporate hotel/conference market
- An ability to understand client requirements and adjust accordingly.
- Confident, able to self-motivate, work on one’s own and identify the steps to achieve an objective.
- A good time manager with good administrative skills
- Flexible in working hours with the ability to work under pressure
- Full clean EU driving licence and own car (fuel expenses paid)
- Someone who is outgoing, genuinely enjoys people and thrives on challenge.
- Someone who is self-motivated, organised, determined to succeed and sees difficulties as challenges to be overcome.
- Very competitive basic salary depending on experience plus incentive scheme
- 4% contributory pension scheme and Private medical health care after 6 months
- 20 days’ holiday plus 8 paid bank holidays per annum, rises after 2 years
- Company sick pay after a qualifying period.
- Free meals on duty, dry cleaning of business suits