Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer - Craigavon
Your new company
They are global leaders in their field and offer extremely innovative and intelligent solutions to worldwide customers. Their technical team is one of the best in the country and they work with primarily within the 'Internet of Things' (IoT) team which focuses on delivering cutting edge cloud and mobile based connectivity solutions for a range of our products. This includes working and leading on the design and implementation of all aspects of software testing for the IoT platform (functional, non-functional, automated and manual). This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and hands-on Quality Assurance Engineer to expand their skills base at the heart of a giant corporation.
Your new role
The role will provide an interface between the core development team and the internal UAT team. Thus the candidate will work with software developers to ensure that unit and integration testing is sufficiently covered. They will also continue to build out and improve the regression and test automation framework currently in place and work closely with the internal UAT team in triaging, root cause analysis and re-testing of defects found. They will be a key player in the IT department where they will be regarded as the as a source of expertise for all things QA related. As such they may be involved with other software development projects and will also have the opportunity to suggest new testing technologies and techniques based on their own preferences and experience to date.
What you'll need to succeed
The candidate should have at least 4 years' experience in a commercial environment and must be able to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- Previous experience in defining and implementing best practice in software testing
- Experience in reviewing unit and integration tests
- Functional and non-functional test experience
- Experience with MSTest, NUnit or other similar frameworks
- CD/CI automated test framework experience
- Experience of working in a MS DevOps environment
- Experience of testing cloud based applications
- Experience of testing mobile applications
- Practical knowledge of C# and Visual Studio
- Experience with version control systems (Git, TFS)
- Experience with online project management systems (e.g. VSTS, JIRA)
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server and database queries
What you'll get in return
The post will offer the opportunity to work for a world leader. You will be given the opportunity to progress your career with a company that has a proven track record for delivering exceptional results to all sectors of the business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.