Technical Accounting Manager
The world's leading information provider is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their Controllership team which spans Treasury, Pensions and Share Based Payments. The role will suit a qualified accountant (ideally ACA) with 1-3 years post qualified, industry experience in a financial, technical or treasury reporting/accountant position. This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge base, work on interesting projects and be responsible to a broad range of stakeholders
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Timely consolidation, review and communication for internal and external reporting of treasury related numbers such as debt, derivatives, interest and other finance income & expense ensuring that the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow movements are appropriate, consistent with expectations. Completion of SOX controls.
- Accounting determination of any debt and related derivative transactions, particularly ensuring compliance with hedge accounting requirements under IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) in partnership with Treasury front office through to completion of transactions.
- Own the preparation of relevant disclosures in group reporting, including quarterly and annual reports and assist with documents supporting capital markets transactions.
- Be the controllership lead in treasury special projects providing accounting thought leadership, focusing on project objectives and business rationale, while ensuring compliance with IFRS.
- Review existing processes within the team to identify process improvements and executing on these as projects within preset timelines.
- Partner effectively and be responsive to internal customers such as Treasury, Tax, Human Resources, Corporate Finance, Consolidations & External Reporting, providing prompt, decisive and IFRS compliant accounting determinations in the areas of financial instruments and foreign currency.
- Working effectively with auditors and ensuring a successful audit clearance on the treasury related numbers and relevant processes.
- Stay abreast of changes in IFRS particularly financial instruments and assist in assessing the related impacts on Thomson Reuters financial reporting and communicating changes to a wider organisation. Current focus on the implementation of IFRS 9.
- Leveraging the potential from a treasury management system implementation, including participation in the testing and implementation of upgrades and new intercompany module.
- Compilation of the quarterly summary schedules for investments and account reconciliations supporting the summaries.
- Accounting determinations in respect of existing and new investments including appropriate valuation of all investments through an annual impairment review.
- Continue the current process of developing and maintaining a robust governance framework around the accounting and management of investments held across the group.
- Complete annual forecast for investments, showing expected equity earnings and cash flows for material investments. Communicate forecast to FP&A and respond to queries raised.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial accounting and reporting of investments held by an investment holding company.
- Supervise one team member assisting with the above listed responsibilities.
- Source, grow and flow talent as required from and to the wider finance organisation.