Aerial Platform Field Service Engineer MEWPs / Plant
Cordant Recruitment are working in partnership with a leading Aerial Work Platform business, recruiting for experienced Aerial Platform Field Service Engineer (MEWPs) to join their dedicated Engineering / Maintenance team covering Central London, Crawley, Kent areas
Working safely at height is our clients specialism offering both the specialist aerial platform man rising machinery & also delivering the IPAF Aerial Work Platform courses / Powered Access Licence (PAL).
Our client is a specialist supplier of the aerial work platforms, telehandlers and fork lift / MHE machinery, as well as delivering maintenance / repair SLA's nationally.
This company maintains & distributes hydraulic booms, scissor lifts & other similar products made by JLG, MEC, Upright, Genie, Holland Lift, Manitou, Trojan, Perkins and Deutz
Aerial Platform Field Service Engineer (MEWPs) Job Description:
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for repairs and installation of platforms as well as performing maintenance to all AWP's in a safe and professional manner; on customers sites / premises.
Reports to the Workshop Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean, and safe work area, adhere to best practice safety procedures;
- Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers;
- Diagnose, carry out preventive and routine maintenance according to manufactures, and AWP requirements, as well as fault finding, trouble shooting, and breakdowns on all equipment in rental and sales fleet;
- Issue activity reports on faults and the parts, labours and time taken to complete the task;
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as AWP wiring and associated components;
- Recognise, and propose the need for tools or other inventory to the Workshop Manager;
- Prepare new rental/sales equipment for delivery;
- Perform checks on AWP equipment before and after use for damage, hours used, tires, mileage, fuel levels, safety decals and safety compliance;
- Calibrate equipment using electronic aids, procedures and programmable controllers;
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts;
- Examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections;
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements;
- Repair or replace defective parts & components;
- After instruction, install special functional and structural parts in devices and equipment;
- Start/operate devices to test their performance and familiarise customers;
- Set up and operate repair equipment and repair part according to instructions and procedures;
- Report to the Workshop Manager when on site equipment of the competitor is seen.
- National vocational qualification in engineering; mechanical, electrical, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatic etc..
- At least 3 year experience maintaining and/or repairing access platform or similar equipment; plant machinery, construction machinery, specialist machinery, off highway machinery, forklifts, MHE, scissor lifts, hydraulic booms, cherry pickers etc...
- Through knowledge of diagnostic equipment, and procedures;
- Knowledge of MS Office;
- NVQ L3 Qualification or equivalent
- CSCS Gold Card
- CAPS certification (to carry out MOT's on the machinery)
- Drivers license
- Team player and leader with customer focus, result oriented;
- Willing to travel nationally;
- Quick learner, eager to learn and develop.
Company & Employee Benefits:
- 33 Days Holiday
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Gym Flex (50% off Gym memberships)
- Health care
- Childcare Vouchers
- Quarterly Bonus
- Annual Salary Reviews
Interviews for this role are to take place immediately, with an immediate start for the right calibre of candidate/s
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.