Credit Risk Strategy Manager - 12ms FTC - Up to £75k Bonus
Initially a 12 months fixed term contract with potential to transfer into a full-time role within a similar area of the business at the end of the contract. This opportunity is ideal with someone who has experience mentoring/leading junior colleagues and who is looking for the step up into a managerial role.
The successful candidate will be focused on strategy development, implementation and optimisation within the retail finance function. Through MI and credit risk analysis you will lead a small team to optimise growth and profitability. The company operates across a multitude of areas within financial services including retail, business, consumer and motor finance.
- Lead on scoping, design and delivery of Credit Risk (including some Fraud) analytics to evaluate strategies, identify opportunities for improvement or compliance with associated financial impacts.
- Ownership of monthly Credit Risk Appetite and Credit MI reporting and lead on investigating any key areas of concern.
- Communicate business implications of analysis, and progress against plans clearly showing awareness of wider business impacts and recommending business solutions to stakeholders.
- Work pro-actively with IT, risk and operational areas to drive forward and mitigate issues in the implementation and use of new developments, adapting to changing priorities.
- Take ownership for delivery of individual key tasks & the team within development plans, anticipating constraints and risks to plans and taking mitigating actions
- Challenge all existing processes and pro-actively identify and implement improvements in all areas of phases of developments, incorporating wider business knowledge.
- Experience in the banking / financial services sector.
- Involvement working across a range of portfolios, ideally experience in working in different roles across the credit risk lifecycle.
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment, with some experience and understanding of managing others.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with experience of tailoring communication for different audiences.
- A natural ability with numbers, with a good degree in a numerate subject (e.g. 2.1+ in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics)
- A high level of creativity, drive, innovation and initiative - a self-starter.
- Experience ideally using SAS, SQL or other equivalent analytical tools.
If you fancy the opportunity to develop your career in credit risk for a diverse and forward-thinking company please click the link below to apply.