IT Support Engineer
- Full Time
Up to £35,000, + Holiday rising up to 25 days. Pension. Overtime or day off in lieu. Training and Certifications.
Windows Server 2008/12. Networking. Microsoft Exchange, Office & Office365. Hyper-V. Disaster Recovery.
Formed in 2003, my client has assembled an experienced team of IT experts and rapidly gained a reputation for personal, discrete and dedicated IT consultancy and support for a range of small and medium-sized businesses in central London.
Most of these early clients are still loyal, and they have now been joined by many larger companies: from restaurant chains and top 50 legal firms, to pension funds and universities.
A truly great organisation who understand the importance of staff satisfaction! Great career prospects!
IT Engineer Role:
This role is working for an established MSP that offers a full range of IT Support services for SMEs in London. They have a growing technical team and are seeking an experienced IT Support Engineer to carry out support via phone, remote sessions and on-site work; including: general support, backup, maintenance and monitoring and project work activities. The candidate should at least have experience in an environment where they had to support Desktops and Applications and be able to demonstrate keen troubleshooting skills.
The Support Engineer role is the entry point into the engineering team; as engineers gain experience with our clients and prove their skills, they can escalate to more advanced support functions in servers, networking, cloud provisioning and security roles.
With an excellent friendly and supportive working atmosphere which will help the right candidates develop their skill sets and move into areas of preferred expertise.
This role gives the successful candidate the opportunity to gain a large amount of exposure in a broad range of client/server and cloud networking; our clients have a range of environments and equipment that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn and gain a good working knowledge of; with the possibility of being involved in a range of small- to large-scale projects.
The IT Engineer will possess the following:
- Experience in deploying, configuring and maintaining various Desktop Operating Systems.
- Diagnostic experience, with the ability to recognise and resolve common issues in desktops, mobile devices, tablets and peripherals.
- Troubleshooting various standard office productivity software. Such as: Microsoft Office and Office 365
Nice to have
- A working knowledge of network routing, switching and firewalls
- Experience with the Cisco Meraki suite of products
- Experience with N-Able or Autotask
- Administration of Active Directory objects, permissions and group policy
- A working knowledge of corporate network security and advanced security principles
- Desktop support, configuration and maintenance
- Phone, remote session and on-site helpdesk support
- Upgrades, imaging, configuration, backup and endpoint security
- Keeping accurate records of work completed and collaboration with the team
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required out of hours
- Hardware support and installation
Key Skills: Windows Server 2008/12. Networking. Microsoft Exchange, Office & Office365. Hyper-V. Disaster Recovery.
Benefits: Holiday rising up to 25 days. Pension. Overtime or day off in lieu. Training and Certifications.
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.