Commercial Manager - Sussex
£65k per annum, plus package
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager to be based in the Sussex area, working with a Sussex based contractor. This contractor deal with all aspects of civil engineering - highways, bridges, infrastructure, environmental, frameworks and special works, including water frameworks. Presently, this client are heavily involved in projects on the AMP 6 framework.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a commercial team of 3 - 4 people, of varying levels
- Working to specific systems and procedures
- Managing financial and contractual performance targets, including company KPI's
- Developing operational and commercial staff, alongside other managers
- Providing commercial information for business planning and strategies
- Identify opportunities and savings
- Ensuring all commercial aspects of sub-contract accounts are managed properly
- Reviewing terms and conditions of business as and when required
- Reviewing company procedures and rewriting when appropriate
- BSC in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience working within a civil engineering construction environment
- Good understanding of ICE, JCT, ECC / NEC contracts
- Competent IT skills and able to use Microsoft packages
- Good communicator
- Member of a Professional Institution (either RICS or ICE or CIOB)
- FRICS (desirable)
- Ideally you will have working knowledge of computer based estimating and accounting packages
- CSCS Card
- Salary circa £65,000 (negotiable)
- Car or car allowance
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Discretionary bonus
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.