Assistant Reception Manager
Excellent opportunity for an experienced assistant reception manager to join a beautiful high end restaurant in London. They are looking for someone with a great personality, good attention to detail and someone who will go that extra mile for the restaurant.
- To be responsible of running lunch/diner service.
- To prepare table allocations.
- To ensure that cloakroom/reception greeting are is manned at all time.
- To maintain a high customer awareness by approaching your job with customers always in mind.
- To take reservations correctly and with the respect of the policies.
- To understand switchboard duties.
- To recognise regular VIP customers
- To build relationship with regular VIP customers.
- To maintain high standard relations with hotel lifestyle concierges.
- To have a solid menu/allergy knowledge.
- To be responsible for sharing tips between receptions staff members.
- To mentor/train staff through leading by example.
- To help improve restaurant standards.
- To hire new reception staff.
- To look after reception appearance and presence.
- Create sophisticated training programmes for the front of house team.
- Organise receptions area.
- Assist to take payments from customers, handle deposits and payments confidentially.
- To help waiters to prepare floor for lunch and diner service.
- Taking care of customer coats and bags.
Excellent Customer knowledge
- You will have regulars, recognize the,, know their preferences, know what they do, be able to have a chat.
- Yo understand what a blue/red customer is an how they should be treated differently.
- You will understand which tables are most appropriate different customers.
Excellent Restaurant knowledge
- You know the address, telephone number, website, location of restaurant and can recommend bars/clubs nearby.
- You will know the key staff - names, history, expertise.
- You can explain restaurant rules - opening, closing, last orders, private room, dress code, children policy.
- You know about the design - designer, art, marble, eccentricities.
- You should be able to have a good conversation about the history of the building and any new upcoming projects.
Excellent Food knowledge
- You know every item on the menu.
- You know what can go wrong with the food, ability to spot an food inconsistencies.
- you understand allergies, religious food requirements and requirements for pregnancy.
- You now where the food comes from, what is special about it, information on some of the suppliers.
- You will be able to handle question about dishes no longer on the menu and new dishes that might arrive soon.
Excellent Drinks Knowledge
- You know all about the house cocktails, special facts about them.
- You have a good understanding of the wines and will be able to describe them by the glass.
- have a good understanding of the champagnes and can skilfully talk about the different champagne houses.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits.