Finance Officer - London SW6
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Finance Officer with good administration skills to join one of the UK's leading service providers. The purpose of this role is to clerically and financially support the Contract Director in the catering department of their Fulham site. This is a full time role working a 37.5 hour week, Monday-Friday and includes a comprehensive benefits package and progression plan.
* Ensure that weekly Profit & Loss reports are accurate and produced within appropriate timescales
* Ensure that accurate forecasts are produced and advise Contract Director if any site is not meeting budget. Ensure that forecasts are produced within timescales laid down.
* Ensure that pricing on stock sheets is kept up to date. Keep all necessary records for audit by the client.
* Ensure that account closing is done within correct timescales and that all queries are resolved
* Produce financial reports as required for the client
* Ensure that all events are charged accurately and on time
* Ensure that cash handling procedures are met and maintain records of cash movements for audit purposes
* Ensure that weekly and monthly payroll is accurate and processed within appropriate timescales
* Advise Contract Director of any potential problems and suggest solution
* Develop strategies to improve financial performance of site
* Check that we maintain margins by ensuring that costings are calculated for all menus
* Ensure that stock sheets are maintained and kept up to date
* Plan budgets and re-forecast and present to Contracts Director with justifications and assumptions
* To maintain client confidentiality and security at all times.
* To ensure that site records are maintained for the following areas: COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and employees.
To be successful, you will need knowledge of group accounting and inter-company transactions. You will have an understanding of producing statutory accounts, preferably with consolidated accounting. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.