Laboratory Waste Support Services Operatives
My Client, a leading pathology and diagnostic organisation, based in the heart of central London are looking for a Lab Support Services Operatives to assist and support the Laboratory Support Team Leader in the provision of a managed service that will ensure efficient and effective use of laboratory facilities. To be part of the team that aims to deliver on an optimum configuration of Rapid Response Laboratory and Core Laboratory facilities, contributing to a robustness of service that will ultimately improve patient pathways.
Other duties will include:
- Ensuring all waste is correctly handled during transportation between waste rooms and the facility
- Operating autoclaves in a diligent manner whilst adhering to strict procedures set in place
- Disposing of all waste in a timely manner
- Communicating with both Analytics teams and Building Management teams with any issues arising
- Managing all waste generated from Cold Stores in line with protocols set in place within the Halo waste SOPs
- Ensuring all samples which are destined for other storage are correctly managed and tracked through to storage and disposal
- Liaising with Analytics staff when required on the retrieval of samples to send back to Laboratory or where required.
- Counting and checking stock delivered against delivery note.
- Logging deliveries on system/database
- Other ad hoc duties that may occur
To be considered for this role you must possess:
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience working in a team or as an individual
- Basic Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- To work on own initiative To communicate effectively in English - both verbally and in writing.
- Use of laboratory equipment and techniques relevant to the specialty Experience of working to a laboratory Quality Management System
- Ideally a background as a Porter or waste management would suit this role.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now
Ritz Recruitment (Emp Agy)