PHP Developer - Leading Cashback Provider - Central London - Up to £35K
1 day left
- Full Time
My client, who is a leading Cashback provider, is looking for a talented PHP Developer to join their team.This role is responsible for delivering quality software within deadline, and following department guidelines. Reporting on progress and developments directly to the relevant Technical Lead, the role will also be responsible for liaising with the Project Management and Product Team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop web applications using Symfony/Laravel frameworks and components thereof, and other custom in-house components
- Work closely with our product owners and project managers to define feature specifications, and collaboratively refine a technical solution
- Perform periodic peer reviews of software and configuration changes
- Contribute to our software architecture and optimize existing code
- Communicate any internal changes to relevant departments in a professional and timely manner.
- Perform as an ambassador for the business during office visits and external events and
- Affect any other reasonable request made by a manager.
Essential experience and skills:
- BS or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience ?
- 3 years Web Development experience
- Track record of developing scalable web applications
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience working with the Symfony (2 or 3) or Zend (2 or 3) frameworks.
- Familiarity with the Laravel framework.
- Experience developing RESTFul APIs
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design Patterns (PHP)
- Understanding of the SOLID OOP principles
- Extensive experience with MySQL and strong knowledge of optimisation methods
- Experience with continuous inspection/integration pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Scrutinizer, Quay.io
- RabbitMQ or similar queueing mechanisms (Gearman, Beanstalkd, other AMQP)
- Strong command of a Linux based development environment
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git or Mercurial)
- Understanding of web related security issues (preferably the OWASP 10).
Desirable experience and skills
- Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
- Experience working with Docker, and LXC/Docker containerised environments
- Elasticsearch (or, alternatively, SOLR) search index solutions
- Redis, or similar key-value storage solution (i.e. Memcached)
- BDD - including use of automated tools such as Behat
- Skilled at estimating tasks
- Experience configuring Nginx or similar (i.e. Apache HTTPD, Tomcat)
- Experience configuring MySQL replication/clustering
- Apache jmeter
- Have conducted code reviews