Financial Controller - 8 month contract
- Full Time
Our client, a start-up based in modern offices in Central London, is looking for a Qualified or QBE Financial Controller for an 8 month maternity cover contract.
This is a great opportunity for a technically astute accountant who enjoys improving efficiencies and improving processes.
The ideal candidate must have experience of owning the management reporting process, reporting variances to budget, and improving processes all within set deadlines. Ideally you will have worked for a start up and if you have used SUN this is extremely beneficial but not essential. Ideally you will be qualified ACCA or CIMA but they will also consider candidates qualified by experience.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Prepare full management accounts
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts across all business entities
- Ensure that all statutory requirements are met
- Provide commentary on monthly results and investigate any monthly variances
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Oversee all outsourced payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded
- Preparation and submission of UK and European VAT returns
- Ensure that income and expenses have been allocated to the correct business units.
- Examine and analyse bank loan statements and action as required.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget
- Prepare all supporting information for the quarterly and annual audit
- Monitor performance, development and training needs of subordinates in order to maximise their performance in achieving functional objectives.
The client would like to hold interviews the week commencing the 24th July and have someone start the following week so candidates available on short notice would be preferred.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
Accountancy Action Ltd is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.